In this section you will find information regarding credit requirements, Green Valley graduation ceremony, Cap & Gown orders, and diplomas. If you have any questions regarding our graduation, please contact the office at (909) 790-8580 or you can e-mail Janine @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
Green Valley High School
According to the Yucaipa-Calimesa Joint Unified School District Board Policy for Graduation Requirements/Standards of Proficiency BP/6146 & AR 6146, to earn a high school diploma, students need to earn a total of 215 credits in the following courses.
*A passing grade of "C-" or better must be earned in all courses taken at GVHS in order to earn credit toward graduation. A course for which a student earned a passing grade cannot be repeated for credit.
DEPARTMENTS COURSE CREDITS
ENGLISH English 40
SOCIAL STUDIES Modern World History 10
U.S. History 10
SCIENCE Physical Science 10
MATHEMATICS Math 1A, Math 1B, Math 2A or 30
Tech Prep Math
(30 credits need to be completed
in grades 9-12)
PHYSICAL EDUCATION PE 20
OR Fine Arts/Foreign Language 10
ELECTIVES Student Choice 65
Total Credits 215
Graduation will be Tuesday, June 5, 2018 at 6pm. Students are required to be at the school at 5pm. They will need to sign in at the front gate and be ready to line up for the class photo.
Ed Filian photography will be taking the class photo at 5:30pm. We want all the graduates to be there. Ed will also be taking photos of the ceremony and each student as they receive their diploma. To view and order these photos please go to www.edfphoto.com.
Please come early to make sure you get a good seat. It's first come, first serve. If you know you'll be a little late, you are welcome to bring your own chairs.
Congratulations on your hard work and determination! We are excited to acknowledge and recognize all of our graduates for the year.
The 2017 graduation will be held on Tuesday, June 5, 2018 @ 6:00pm. We hold the ceremony here at the Green Valley campus.
In order to make this special day run smoothly, please read the following schedule.
- Mandatory Graduation meeting, Monday, June 4 at 9:15am
- Day of graduation information
- Exit Survey with Mr. Herron
- Walk through graduation ceremony with Mrs. Stolze
- BBQ & Yearbook signing at 10:30am
- Graduation is Tuesday, June 5 at 6:00pm.
- Graduates must arrive by 5:00pm
- Graduation will be held on the back lawn of GVHS.
- Invite your family to share in the excitement.
- No limit on how many family members you can invite
- Seats are limited and on a first come, first serve basis.
- You are welcome to bring additional chairs.
- We do ask that no noise makers be brought and used during the ceremony.
Caps and Gowns
- Cap and gown sales begin January 31st at 9:00am in the MPR.
- The orders will arrive sometime in May for pick up. There will be notices going out to graduates.
- The orders can be picked up in the office between 7:00am & 3:30pm.
- This is a special and dignified event, so we do encourage you to dress appropriately.
- Girls should wear flats or wedges since we will be in the grass.
- You may decorate your cap.
- Nothing over one inch in height.
- No inappropriate references